Monday, 17 March 2008

Toa Payoh Good Food Hunt 2

Ya, I am back to Toa Payoh for the good food hunt mission 2. Not because I like Toa Payoh very much, but my dear friend wanted to watch the strongest man challenge.

So, we arrived at the Bradell station and walked to Blk 124 Toa Payoh Lorong 1 for the first stall - Fong Kee Roasted Duck rice. I wasn't sure it is that famous, until I see the signs on the stall. It has won many supporters. We ordered, sit down and start eating. True to its name, the duck and rice is good. I think the specialty is about the sauce, which is a little bit different than the others. It worth the $3.

On the same coffee shop, we also ate the soon kueh. To be exact, hand made soon kueh. It is worth mentioning that it contains lots of soon which is different than the common soon kueh(mang guang only). First time ever, I tried a soon kueh with soon, truly delightful. Next, we went across the road to the hawker centre for the Teochew Handmade Pao. I knew the pao is small before I ordered, but I didn't expect it to be that small. I ordered a char siew pao and ba pao. The pao is pathetically small. I have never eaten such small pao before. Small size but with big taste. It taste great, but is expensive, judging from the portion.

Up to this stage, we were full already. Have to take bus to HDB Hub and prepare to watch the show. The competition started at 1 plus and last till 4pm. I just wonder how long would it take for me to train the muscle like them?

At 4pm, we revisited the Rojak stall at the HDB Hub food court. Ours was among the last few plates available, what a luck! After Rojak, I suggested the Tiong Bahru Pao upstairs. I promised my friend that it is one of the best in Singapore and it has been quite sometime since I last ate their pao. He was delighted with the pao. The pao is juicy and full of taste. Beside that, with a meaningful portion too... Ya, you have to believe me, it is really one of the best in Singapore.

After that, what's next? Our stomach is full already. We already stretch the human limit and the next logical thing to do is to just go back home. I would be back again...

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008