Thursday, 20 March 2008

Singtel launching iPhone soon?

There is a wide spread news from yesterday onwards, Singtel would win the iPhone race to sign up as exclusive partner. Maybe the source is only and purposely to leak out through multiple channel. As of now, the rumour is 3Q and priced at 600+.

My friend said it is expensive, although he wanted to own one. Ya, I think most of the user won't be able to stomach the high price tag. This price is without taking into account the expensive service plan that user is required to sign up for the iPhone to work properly. What is iPhone if it is without the map function and web browsing. Having said that, the current 2G or 2.5G speed won't be fast enough for the iPhone to perform download.

What I do expect to see is high price tag, user lock in and slow browsing speed. Although I fancy iPhone, since it was launched. But my common sense keep holding me back. Maybe 1 year down the road, the more workable 3G version would be released to ease the browsing pain.

But, hey, we are a bit optimistic. What about the battery life? What if your phone died half way on the bus while you are surfing the internet? If I remember correctly, the battery is not detachable. At last, I still hope to see the phone soon, for more choices. Another half year time, maybe the iPhone killer from Nokia, Samsung would already been launched.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008