Sunday, 1 March 2009

Our Chicken Rice at Bedok Interchange

It has been a long time since I been to Bedok Interchange. Imagine few years back when I was working at Chai Chee techno park, I was there quite often, and I like many good food in the Bedok Interchange hawker centre. The international roasted duck rice, swee kueh and many more.

I decided to drop by the Bedok Interchange hawker while on my way back to Tampines. After going through all the stalls in the hawker centre, I decided to try this stall - Our chicken rice stall. They are selling the Drunken Chicken Rice at $3.50. On their signboard, it mentioned Wen Hua (文华), I am not sure their relationship with the Mandarin Hotel chicken rice. It is a bit costly to sell the chicken rice at $3.50, but I wanted to find out how drunken chicken is like.

I ordered a plate from the Auntie and it was served quite fast. In the plate, we have rice, chicken, soup and chili.

Drunken Chicken Rice

The rice is fragrant like your usual chicken rice. The chili is good, not too spicy. The soup is cooked with cabbage, not too oily. Initially, I ate the chicken with chili sauce, and I found out there wasn't a great difference. Subsequently, I decided to eat without chili. Ah... finally I understand. It is really drunken chicken. The meat was cooked with rice wine I believe, and it retain the wine fragrance. It is nice, but you shouldn't add too much chili, otherwise it over power the wine. Chicken is firm and tasty. Overall, I think it is worth the money, it tastes good.

Try it out if you go to Bedok Interchange. See whether you would get drunk?

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008