Sunday, 29 March 2009

Mr Sushi (中岛水产) at Bugis Junction Cold Storage

In this post, I want to talk about Mr Sushi(中岛水产) which operates sushi counters across the island. Actually my first encounter with Mr Sushi was way back year 2000, during the days I lived in Tiong Bahru. Cold Storage used to have a branch in Tiong Bahru plaza and the sushi counter was operated by Mr Sushi. At that time, I remembered it gave me a good impression, in terms of quality I can "see". After I moved away from Tiong Bahru, I never really notice it anymore.

Recently from their advertisement in the U weekly, I started to take notice of them again. Ah uh... I remember them and the store I saw in AMK Hub Fair price extra also operated by them. Understand they air flown the seafood from Japan and provide the value for money kind of sushi.

Since I was in Bugis, I just da pao one as dinner. It is quite easy to locate the store, right inside the Cold Storage of Bugis junction. The promotion of the day was this sushi set going at $5.80, original price $7. Ok, it is not a difficult choice.

Mr Sushi sushi box
Associated sushi box with two Salmon sushi, two Maki and other varieties inside. Looks tempting.

Sushi box front view
Sushi box front view. Close up on the Salmon. Look at the Salmon colour, it is bright. The fat distribution is even and thin. To me, this is top quality and it is thick too. Not those lao ya sushi with razor thin salmon.

Sushi box back view
Sushi box back view. Close up on the Octopus, crab meat mayo. As you can see, the seaweed retain its shape and the ingredients look just nice and taste right.

Sushi roe
Prawn roe sushi. The cucumber in Maki was very crunchy.

It was a very satisfying meal. The set comes with ten sushi and soya sauce + wasabi. Each sushi or maki, in my opinion, is of high quality. Buying the set at this price, it is simply quality + value for money. It beats the "99cts cannot make it" sushi hands down and even comparable to restaurant like Sakae.

They have counters at Taka, Bugis, Liang Court, AMK Hub, Downtown East, Vivo city and Jurong point. If you are both sushi addict and bargain hunter, give them a try!

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008