Sunday, 15 March 2009

Bought my Sony mp3 player S736F at IT Show 2009

I was looking for a solid sound mp3 player. After went through the review in forum, cnet and anythingbutipod, I actually have quite a few players on my mind. The first choice was actually Sansa from Sandisk. However, the shop I went to, the shopkeeper told me they are pulling out from Singapore. Then, it left me only few choices - Sony, Samsung or Cowon.

So, I went to IT show 2009 to check whether any good bargain. There was a huge crowd, the whole Suntec is full of people.

Photobucket
People crowded at Suntec escalator waiting to go into IT show. A very huge crowd.

The plan is if I can't find a good bargain in the show, I would go Sim Lim to buy the Cowon S9 player which cost more, but the quality is very good.

Sony booth was offering a special price for the S-series premium range. The 4GB S736F player was only $199, cheaper by $50. This is actually quite a good offer, consider Sony seldom lower the selling price. Although I was actually looking for a 8GB player, but sound is more important to me, and it sounds good.

Samsung was offering discount on lower end player. Too bad, the Q1 no offer and the battery life is much shorter than Sony. By the way, Sony claims to have 40 hours of battery life. Went through all other booth, but mp3 player seems to be a yesterday product. Not many brands are available and the cheapo brand of course doesn't offer good quality.

So, eventually I made up my mind to buy Sony 4GB S736F mp3 player. Compromising on the storage but I get a good quality player at attractive price.

Sony S736F mp3 player
Sony 4GB S736F mp3 player, sounds great right out of the box. Still in the exploring phase.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I missed the IT show...Can you let me know how much is Cowon S9 and where can I get it in Singapore? Thanks in advance

Alen said...

very simple, just go to Sim Lim square. Ask a few shop before you decide.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008