Monday, 23 February 2009

Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits at Singapore Flyer

Once I have been to Changi Terminal 3 and saw this interesting shop called Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits. The shop was full and they were selling fried chicken. I didn't get the chance to try, until I was at Singapore Flyer after the event. The restaurant was not so full, and although sinful, we decided for a try.

While queueing up, I noticed they have limited choice of items. Most people ordered the set which is fried chicken + side dish + biscuit + soft drink. So, I choose the 2pc chicken set with coleslaw.

Popeyes Chicken set
Popeyes 2pc Chicken set

Popeyes Chicken close up
Fried Chicken in close up

The chicken - Fair enough, pretty good. I guess that explain the crowd. It is crispy and full of flavour. But deep inside the meat, I found it with less spicies.

Coleslaw - Good enough, but there is a strong flavour vege which I could not recognise

Biscuit - This is more like a bread to me, except it is a bit hard. They called it biscuit in America, goes with jam

Drink - Standard coke, nothing to say

The quality is comparable to KFC, although some might argue that this is better. To me, I still like KFC better. Did some research from internet, Popeyes comes from US and compete directly with KFC.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008