Monday, 23 February 2009

Completed 40km of OCBC Cycle Singapore 2009

Sunday was a sunny day, I woke up very early in morning 5am to prepare for the mass cycling event - OCBC Cycle Singapore 2009. Had some simple breakfast which mainly carbo. Then, took the cab to padang, there were many road closure on the day. The cab fare was only 16 dollars, which was cheap and quite surprising to me.

By the time, I met up with other team mate and reach the F1 pit, it was only 6:15am and the sky was still bright. Then, I got the rental bike, tested the brake function and seat ok. The last thing was to prepare for the challenge mentally.

At 7:30am, everybody gathered at starting point, waiting for the flag off. But, there were 2000 plus people, so the participants were set off in batches. When it was my turn, it was already 8am. After set off, I just maintain my normal pace, not to exhaust energy before reaching the end.

I only stopped at the second drink station for some drinks and continue my trip. The race was exciting, everybody just try their best to cycle. Along the road, you get to enjoy the scenery, be it shop houses or park. I decided not to stop at last drink station, as I was not very thirsty. The last 8km, it was all out sprint, as fast as I could. But the rental bike is lousy, you cannot expect too much from it.

Finally, after two hours, I reach the finishing line. It was quite a satisfying experience, having achived something through hardwork. I might join again next year, hehe. Some shots, after I completed my race.

Cycle 09 Back 1
At the back of F1 pit, where everyone finished their Cycle 2009 walk around.

Cycle 09 Back 2
Those really tired, sit down and rest.

Cycle 09 F1 Pit near Singapore Flyer
From the back of F1 pit, you can see the Singapore Flyer wheel. Without joining the Cycle 2009 event, you won't have chance to enter the F1 pit right?

Cycle 09 Return point
Shot at the Cycle Singapore 2009 return point. Everybody seems to be kah neng.

Photobucket
Time for some Tiger Balm massage after the intensive cycle.

Photobucket
Ambulance was called into action. It seems like some are injured.

Photobucket
There was a Mighty Saver race for kids noon time.

Photobucket
Door of F1 garage. Seldom got chance to walk into F1 garage right?

Photobucket
Overall Singapore F1 pit garage view

I think this can be consider as one of my achievement for 2009!

1 comments:

market2garden said...

I like the picture ... the flyer with F1 pit buidling. I'm thinking go back there to have capture ... but too bad ... no crowds.
Assuming that you never stay back to watch Elite Criterium.
Cycle Singapore My Video Search and photos:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=market2garden&view=videos&query=%22cycle+singapore%22
Enjoy and wish you have a fun-filled year 2009.
market2garden

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008