Friday, 18 January 2008

Singapore bus system change

Singapore bus system is going to change in the coming years. The notable policies are

1. LTA would plan the route, instead of the bus company. This would eliminate the situation that some places are "not reachable".

2. A single fare system base on distance, regardless of mrt/bus ride taken. The effectiveness is yet to be seen, as pricing the fare too expensive would be against the original intention

3. More bus lane. Sometime, this does not help, if the road is very congested.

4. More aircon terminal like Toa Payoh and Ang Mo Kio hub. This is very unnecessary.

5. Enhanced information system to let commuter know estimate bus arrival time. I guess this can be achieved by installing more signboard at bus stop and allow sms for arrival time. The catch? sms has to be free.

6. Launch of monthly ticket. This is the most missed feature in Singapore transport system. But don't be excited too early, what if it is $100?

I am excited on the news, because I am tired of the jam or long traveling time.

All I want is very very simple.

1. I want lowest fare

2. I want to get to my destination fast, with less waiting time

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008