Wednesday, 2 January 2008

Food hunt - Golden mile food centre

It is year 2008 already. I done my new year count down at woodlands, with small crowd and firework display. When I woke up in the new year day, and nothing important to do, I decided to go to Golden mile food centre.

It was a 20min walk from the Bugis mrt station. The food I am going to try is Fried Hokkien Mee which I came across during the recent TV show and encountered it again at the "i eat i shoot i post" blog. Looks and sounds good.

I reached the place and ordered a plate which is $3. The portion is small, but the mee is good. Not as fantastic as you thought when seeing from tv or picture. The noodle and bee hoon is dried and fully absorbed the essence of soup. I would rate it a 4/5. After eating it, you would still have stomach for other things.



After finished eating, I just walked around the food centre. The stalls were surprisingly good. I saw many newspaper stick on some of the stalls. It is worth going the second time. But, of course, I would be trying out other things. Maybe I would give an update by then.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I love the hokkien mee there! We went today hoping to get a taste of that fabulous prawn-infused aroma in each and every strand of goodness. Unfortunately, it was closed on every Wednesday. Boo hoooo

Alen said...

Hi, the only draw back is the portion is so small. Most probably you need to order two plate!

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008