Monday, 6 April 2009

KL Food Hunt 09 Day 2 - Gurney Drive at The Gardens

After the coconut house, we went to Mid Valley. I have the plan to meet up with KL friend for a meal and chat. She suggested the restaurant at The Gardens called Gurney Drive which apparently serve Penang food. Gurney Drive is a famous place in Penang, a night market or hawker centre. The concept is pretty simple. They try to bring the Penang hawker food into restaurant. The restaurant layout itself represent hawker centre. However, the price is not.

Ok, time is up and we finally met. We have four person, so very easy to order and share the food. It didn't take long for them to serve the food.

Penang Asam Laksa
Penang Asam Laksa. The laksa just sucks. Before my friend order, I asked her whether it is authentic, she said she tried before and it was quite good. However, the version I have is not. It simply sucks. You know Asam Laksa has two type - Tasty or not tasty. It is the later. The taste is simply not right. I think in Malaysia or Singapore, many people screw up the dish. Once you tried the good Asam Laksa, you won't forget it.

Chee Cheong Fan
Penang Chee Cheong Fan. Seriously I am not sure what is special about the Chee Cheong Fan, but since my friend ordered, I just have to eat. I don't like it, seriously. The fan is plain and the sauce is prawn paste base. I never try prawn paste chee cheong fan before, and I think it just sucks.

Penang Fried Oyster
Penang style Fried Oyster. Ok, something encouraging comes. The fried oyster is alright, however the oyster is a little bit small. The chilli sauce is average to good.

Penang Cendol
Penang Cendol. Wau... this is good. Penang style cendol means you get cendol + red bean + gula melaka + coconut milk. As simple as that. No other ingredients, but it taste good.

Penang Fried Kway Teow
Finally, the famous Penang Char Kway Teow. Ok, thank god, they didn't screw up. The char kway teow just like the other Penang style char kway teow I had before, it is fantastic. This is the only dish you need to order, I feel.

After eating all these, we were quite full already. This would end my second day of food hunt. Because I have no stomach for any subsequent feasting.

2 comments:

mein Haus said...

hey you can eat alot ha..

Alen said...

share by four person ok.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008