Saturday, 4 April 2009

KL Food Hunt 09 Day 2 - Coconut House

After the western food, we went to the "old" place - Coconut House at 3 Two Square. My first encounter with Coconut House was way back at Melaka. At that point of time, they were still serving the wood fired pizza, jazz song and oldies. After they moved to KL, Pudu Lama, I went once with friend. This time, they have just moved to 3 Two Square (again).

What I like is the wood fired pizza and atmosphere, relax and calm. The food generally a bit pricey, tasty, and they really put in effort to make it italian, by using authentic ingredients. So, I don't really look at the price much.

We reached there around 2pm+, not many people and ordered our food.

Coconut House
Coconut House with its banner. The atmosphere is still quiet, but the decoration is a bit too modern. The food and atmosphere don't really match perfectly.

Salad
My first order was Salad. I can't remember the exact name, with pear, and some other things. Taste wise, quite alright, they have a wide selection of salad. Sometime it could be too exotic to suit your taste. Ok, I must admit, I don't really know what is authentic Italian.

Coffee
My next order was a Coffee. I forgot the name again, but it was recommended on the menu. Unexpectedly this is something like expresso, very condensed. I guess those hard core coffee lover would love this.

Bread 1
Ok, this is the third time. Again, I don't know what this is called, my friend ordered it. It is like a bread with filling. Of course, it is baked by wood fire and it is tasty.

Bread 2
I guess some close up on what is inside is needed. It is quite good.

Tiramisu
Everybody loves a sweet ending. This is the house special Tiramisu. I am not a dessert fan, so I can't tell you how is this compare to others. But, judging the taste it self, the tiramisu is good. It contains biscuit which is soft and melted.

Although the price is on the medium to high side, I would still come again. Bottom line is the atmosphere is quite good and the wood fired pizza is tasty.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008