Thursday, 4 December 2008

Omurice at Takashimaya food court

There is one omurice shop at Takashimaya basement 1 food court operated by Ajisen. I saw it long time back but never really eat it.

Yesterday, it was my first time trying. I was there during the lunch time. Not many people in the whole shopping centre. At 11am, the crowd has not come out for lunch, I guess. After walking one round, I settled on this omurice stall. There is no queue and I guess eating something different is what I am looking for.

Originally, I ordered the set with crab meat and some other seafood. But the auntie said sold out. End up I ordered the chicken cutlet with Japanese curry.

food
This is how it looks like. It cost $8 with $1 top up to get a green tea.

Actually, I wasn't expect a lot from this dish. Therefore I was pleasantly surprised that it is really good. I have had the omelet with rice at some other place that serve no purpose, but obviously this is not.

The fried rice is good, but not fantastic. The egg goes very well with the rice. It actually help to pull up the overall taste. The curry is tasty and the cutlet is crispy. Dip the cutlet into curry and go along with the rice and egg, that makes an excellent meal.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008