Thursday, 4 December 2008

Olive Vine Pasta Fusion @ The Food Place Raffles City

I was window shopping at Raffles City and passed by the level 3 - The Food Place. The food court just completed the renovation and reopen. The design and signboard is brand new, but still operate by Food Junction. In the stall list, I found some unfamiliar name, so decided to check it out.

The food place
Quite classy design. Different than your usual food junction food court. Maybe they are aiming to go more high end.

After browse through all the stall, this stall caught my attention - Olive Vine Pasta Fusion. There are couple of factors - the pretty smiling lady boss, the flame powered pasta cooking, using of olive oil, no msg added, affordable price and interesting menu item.

I quickly decided to try the Fettuccine Carbonara. The reason being I just passed by one restaurant selling the dish at 12.90 with service charge etc. This one is selling at 6.90 only. Price being one of the reason, but the pasta looks good on the picture too.

food
Looks tempting right? You want to rush down to pasta shop now?

At this stall, the noodle type is fixed. I have tried carbonara at different place before. The key thing about carbonara is it must go along with Fettuccine. Somebody told me this, and I don't exactly know why. I guess is because the ribbon noodle can better carry the cheese sauce with it. So, you eat more cheese sauce and gain more weight.

Inside the sauce, there are cheese, ham, bacon and garlic. If you like cheese, this tastes heavenly. To me, the standard is really good. A good sauce with right ingredient and tasty noodle, this made up a satisfying pasta meal at a very good price. What say you? Go and try it yourself.

5 comments:

joker said...

Yes indeed her food is not only affordable but very good!

Just want to share her testiomony and movie clip here :

http://babygiant.wordpress.com/2007/09/30/judith-halim-testimony/

http://www.writepictures.com/lifeboats.html

Fyi, I know her personally as a friend for 9 mths now and promnote her cafe to many of my friends and business associates by bringing them to eat at her various cafes throughout S'pore.There are altogether 4 cafes so far that she has set up and I believe many more to come. They are at the following locations : 1)12 New Industrial Road #01-01, Morningstar Centre, 2)Bugis
Junction Food Junction 3rd Level, 3 ) Great World City Food Court & 4) Raflles City " The Food Place ".

tracy said...

Hi Joker,
I had a bad experience today with Olive Vine today, hopefully you can relate the incident to the owner (as you've mentioned that you know her personally).

I had 2 great dining experiences with Olive Vine @ Raffles City. Today, when I was Bugis Junction, I found they have a branch there too. After placing my order, I realised that the cooks are China-Chinese cooks. I ordered 2 dishes (1 spaghetti & 1 rice). To my horror, the fingernails of the cook who served my rice was so dirty that i can see the an obvious dark line underneath the nails. The creme pesto that I ordered was so inedible that my friend gave up eating after a two mouthful. The olive rice wasn't much better. It was so saltish that I gave up halfway too.

I'll definitely not go back to the branch at Bugis Junction again. But will still patronage the branch at Raffles City (if the cook doesn't get transfered)

tracy said...

Hi Ting Wo,
Sorry I had to use your blog to post my review on Olive Vine @ Bugis Junction. This is the only way to get the message across to the boss :)

hanxuan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hanxuan said...

http://www.facebook.com/olivevine
Hey olive vine fan page is available on Facebook now! Come and 'Like' it!

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008