Friday, 26 December 2008

Marutama Ramen at the Central

If you do go out walk walk, you should know there is a new shopping centre - Central above the Clarke Quay mrt. Their main theme is Japan. So, you can find many jap food eateries and stuff there.

Although I know about this stall quite sometime ago, but the queue always put me off. Finally, today I went there with friend. The queue although seems to be long, but was moving quite fast.

We are seated and presented with the menu. My first impression on the menu is it is unbelievable simple. There are few choices and I decided on the Chicken soup ramen which cost $12.

The shop decoration is simple and the menu items are only a few. I think they actually try to mimic the Japan shop layout and it is just so simple. Anyway, no matter what, only food quality counts. Having tried so many Japan ramen before, I have a high expectation on this shop, since they said it is famous in Japan.

True enough, the chicken soup is superb. It is thick and rich, one of the best. However, the 12 would only give me plenty of men, onion, seaweed and a piece of char siu. It is rather expensive, looking at the ingredients only. You can put additional topping at extra cost. The noodle is rather thin, but good, although I prefer it to be thicker. Overall, it is a very good ramen.

(I didn't take down any picture, but a google search "Marutama Ramen the central" would give you plenty of images)

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008