Saturday, 9 May 2009

Geylang East Good Penang Laksa

It all started with the U weekly, featured two authentic Penang Laksa stall. It made me wanna try both of them. People tend to develop a love or hate with the Penang Asam Laksa. Believe me, once you are get used to the taste, you kind of hooked. Wanted more every time. Provided you try the good one.

I went to ABC market to eat the Asam Laksa, but come back not impressed. Therefore, unlikely I would purposely go there to eat. That left me with another stall at the Geylang East food centre. Done some research, people are giving thumbs up for it. Today I just had a little bit of time to drop by to try.

You can take mrt to Aljunied station. Alight and walk to the food centre. It is not obvious from the mrt, you need to get some help from the street directory to find the direction and exact block. It is a 10min walk and I found the stall at the row further away.

Immediately I ordered the Penang Asam Laksa from the boss.

Photobucket
Mouth watering Penang Asam Laksa. There are lots of vegetables on top and the prawn paste is put into the spoon. Mix them together and you are ready to go.

I was pleasantly surprise at how good this Penang Laksa really is. The key ingredients - onion, cucumber, pineapple, chinese lettuce mix well and plentiful. The asam soup is thick and full of flavour. You can see chunks of fish inside the soup, not mashed up. I would say it achieve a perfect balance of sweet, sour and spicy. The combination of the three taste is what makes Asam Laksa so tasty.

Thumbs up, it is worth every cents of your mrt fare. If you are fan of Penang Laksa, it is a must try.

Details:
Penang Delights
Geylang East Food Centre
Rest on Monday

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008