Thursday, 27 December 2007

Second trip to Old Airport Road

Today, together with another colleague, we set off to Old Airport Road hawker centre the second time this month. He said he wanted to taste the Nam Sing fried hokkien mee (described as legendary). We thought the opening hour is till 8pm. So we happily took the train and bus there. Only realised when we arrived there, it is closed. I am not sure the opening hour, but definitely have to go there during weekend day time.

Since hokkien mee is out, we have some other dishes instead.


The dessert is sold by a soya bean stall - Selegie Soya. I only realised I forgot to take picture after I have finished. Therefore, only an empty bowl for you to see. The cincau taste nice, coupled with the syrup and atap seed. Makes a cooling and nice dessert.


The assorted kueh is sold by a stall claimed to be famous in Tiong Bahru. After tried it, the taste is fair enough, but not fantastic. The gula melaka inside the oneh oneh is quite stingy, it drag down the overall taste. The other kuehs were made by different ingredients that I have difficulties to differentiate.


The satay is from a stall called Old Man something. The waiting queue was fairly long. So originally I expect it to be good. However, after the long wait, the first taste verdict? Too sweet. I have tried different types of satay, but clearly this is not for me. The meat is marinated with too much sugar or sauce, and somehow it is surprisingly sweet. The satay sauce also very plain, the peanut is not crunchy and not spicy enough.

When we took the bus back to Kallang mrt, we passed pass a stretch of shop near the mrt. Unknowingly, the area has been transformed into China steamboat city. I think there are at least 6 to 7 steamboat shop over there, selling different type of steamboat coming from different area of China. If got time, I would try it next time and give comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, we also tried the Fried Oyster, Prawn and sleeve-fish 3 in one. I think it's also worth to try. It's a pity I didn't leave some evidence.

Alen said...

My friend ordered 1 mixed fried oyster+prawn+sotong. Not sure is the one you are talking about. But taste ok.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008