Sunday, 18 January 2009

Cycle along Bedok park connector

Fear not, I already enrolled in the coming Cycle Singapore 2009 on 22 Feb. I took part in the 40km competitive category, thanks to my colleague's persuasion. The day is approaching, and four of us haven't really start training! But, it is too late to back out already, since the money is already paid. The only way is to gear up and take on the challenge.

So, today I went to Sun plaza park to rent a bike for practise. This bike rental shop opened not long ago and the rate is $5 for two hours. Since I have cycled to Pasir Risk park the other time, this round I head towards Bedok reservoir direction. The park connector has connected all the park at east side.

Cycle through Tampines centre is not an easy task, I have to stop very often for the traffic light. It makes the experience a bit frustrating. But if you get pass it, the traffic lights would reduce.

PCN_cycling
After some effort, I am near the Safra Tampines already. The traffic light number start to decrease now. From here, it is less than 1km to Bedok reservoir. After reaching Bedok reservoir, I took a left turn to go East Coast park. It would be far, but I just want to test how far I can go.

PCN_cycling
The park is built along the river, soon you would reach the bridge over PIE. Stop for a while to look at the direction. Then, you have to push the bike over bridge.

PCN_cycling
River scene from the PIE bridge. The water looks green instead of blue.

PCN_cycling
Cycle along the river with wind, it is an enjoyable journey. However, it would take more time to reach East Coast park, I have to make the turn someway.

PCN_cycling
On my way back, I stop at Bedok reservoir to appreciate the scene.

PCN_cycling
The reservoir is beautiful. No wonder so many jogger enjoy jogging there.

It took me 1 hour 45min to be back and my whole body ache. I guess I need more practise. A rought estimate, with my current speed, I need 2 and half hours to complete the race.

2 comments:

mein Haus said...

so what's the average record to complete the race for 40km?

Alen said...

seriously I don't know. try to find but not available. that's my theoretical speed, which I also not so confident.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008