Saturday, 3 January 2009

Crispy Chicken at Tampines Rasa 21

Today, I went to Rasa 21 food court at Tampines East to eat western food. The stall was featured in u weekly before, thus I decided to check it out whether it is good. Looking at the menu, they provide quite a number of choices compare to usual western food. The set also comes with two side dish of your choice. Nowadays, seems like many people want to copy the Aston's concept to have a selection of side dish. One special side dish is ah cha(I cannot see the sour & spicy ah cha would complement the food).

I ordered the Crispy Chicken set which is essentially fried chicken. For the side dish, my choices were coleslaw and corn cob. The set cost $6.50 (a bit expensive). The ordering process was a bit frustrating, the stall keeper seems not able to manage the order process properly, although there wasn't many people there. After paying for the set, I sit down and wait.

The speed was alright, it was served shortly.

Tampines Rasa 21 Crispy Chicken
Crispy Chicken at Rasa 21 presented nicely.

Presentation wise, it is ok, but the portion is too small. Imagine that you have to pay $6.50 for a small piece of fried chicken! The fried chicken taste good and crispy. Coleslaw was alright too. But the corn is a bit tasteless. Not sure where does the corn come from, I can't taste the sweetness in corn. Overall, it was a disappointing meal.

2 comments:

Photosophize [ 影.像.物语 ] said...

Hi, the fried chicken does looked a bit disappointing. There are better ones out there definately.

I find media introduced stall not as nice as they claimed. Not sure where they got the info from.

:)

Alen said...

Indeed, the plate is big, the serving is small.

I suspect they paid for it...

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008