Thursday, 10 July 2008

Melaka trip part 2 - Wanton mee and satay celup

When I was in the pasar malam, I wanted to eat the char kueh on sell. It is really authentic road side food which looks, smell good. But, as we have dinner plan, therefore I didn't eat that.

We proceed to the satay celup store, but the queue was quite long. So, we decided to try the Melaka wanton mee, which my friend said very good.

Melaka080705
This is what the wanton mee looks like. I think somehow every place has their own version of wanton mee. This mee obviously looks different from all combination I have tried so far. So, just give it a try. It doesn't really impress me actually. The mee is special, but the rest think that is too hard. Taste wise, just alright. Still like the Pontian wanton mee.

Melaka080705
After the wanton mee, we went back to queue for satay celup. Other friend said die die must try. This is a 60 years shop which selling the satay steamboat. Meaning instead of clear soup, the base is actually peanut sauce. The queue was long. We waited nearly 1 hour.

Melaka080705
Satay celup in action. Notice the pot on the table with satay peanut sauce? You put your stick of ingredient inside, until it is cooked. But, as you eat, it get messy and messier. Because the peanut sauce would spill onto the table more and more.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008