Monday, 9 June 2008

Expensive driving, would you cut it down?

It strike me that US petrol price is only 1.44 SGD per liter. Compare to Singapore market price, it is cheap. I am not able to find the answer. Is that because of economy of scale? bulk discount? subsidy? Ok, never mind, don't bother.

Does driving do you good in the high oil price era? I know you always have the dream to drive around. Money can't buy dream, but dream cost money.

The cost of driving

  • COE, insurance, maintenance fee
  • Monthly installment
  • Carpark fee
  • Petrol
  • ERP
What else? Sorry I don't drive. So, I don't really know the full list. But, driving in Singapore is really a losing game for me. My monthly transport cost won't go beyond $100. But the car installment is most likely way above this amount.

This really make no sense in financial sense to drive, except it is a choice of lifestyle.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008