Monday, 3 August 2009

Sushi feast - Tuna Belly, Sea Urchin, Salmon Belly ...

Sushi Tei has a new shop at Tampines 1. Last Friday, I went with colleagues for a enjoyable relax dinner. I decided earlier to have something different this time, compare to the usual item I ordered.

After going through the menu, I finally settle with this item:

HOURAI (6 kinds) tuna belly, sea urchin, sea bream, yellow tail, raw scallop, salmon belly

Fried Sotong
Friend's fried sotong. Don't ask me about the Japanese name. It is simply delicious to dip with mayonnaise sauce.

Associated Sushi
Associated sushi item ordered by them with the usual stuff - squid, scallop, tuna, salmon, egg etc

Salmon Handroll
Need to fill up the stomach first, I was having this Salmon handroll.

Premium Sushi
Finally, my Hourai came. raw scallop, sea bream, yellow tail (row above). salmon belly, tuna belly, sea urchin.

This is supposed to be the premium item. I need to take time to slowly enjoy it. The scallop sushi, sea bream sushi and yellow tail sushi has their own distinct sweetness. For the real taste, I dip the fish slightly into soy sauce, the rice must not touch the soy sauce and with minimum wasabi. The salmon belly taste just like the usual salmon. Maybe I didn't really try hard to appreciate its difference.

Sea Urchin Sushi
Sea urchin or Uni sushi. This is the very first time I try it, having seen it in tv for quite a number of times. It was really good. It tastes a bit milky or cheesy, but not exactly the same.

Tuna Belly Sushi
Tuna Belly sushi. I never thought it tastes so heavenly. The meat is tender with fat distributed evenly on the surface. I would say this is one of the item I would want to try again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That uni is D-grade uni, worst kind of uni you can get! If you liked that horrible quality uni, try the good quality uni and you will be amazed! The good uni looks like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-njBeOvnbbn4/TWJHe-V54zI/AAAAAAAAAhE/lqZw2aOxd_0/s1600/Nobu%252C%2BSan%2BDiego%2B-%2BSea%2BUrchin%2BSushi.jpg

Anonymous said...

That uni is D-grade uni, worst kind of uni you can get! If you liked that horrible quality uni, try the good quality uni and you will be amazed! The good uni looks like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-njBeOvnbbn4/TWJHe-V54zI/AAAAAAAAAhE/lqZw2aOxd_0/s1600/Nobu%252C%2BSan%2BDiego%2B-%2BSea%2BUrchin%2BSushi.jpg

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008