Monday, 5 November 2007

99c sushi, not worth a penny

I believe most of the people have heard of the 99c sushi selling in one of the restaurant. It is an amazing price, but I don't believe the quality would be good.

I have never been there, until today. I went into the shop around 8pm, not many people. I sit down and listen from the people there how to make order. After that, I went to the kitchen and took the food. I thought this way of serving food sucks, especially you still have to pay for the service charge.

Inside the kitchen, I looked around. My focus was on the sushi, because that is the cheapest item. I also took a look at the other item price. Those food are substantially more expensive than you can find else where. So, that's how they cover the cost. They hope you order other items, then they can earn back the money. Looking at the presentation of the sushi, it doesn't looks good. Well, we make the final call after tasting it. I got a few plates and went back to seat.

First I start off with salmon sushi. The very basic sushi in any jap restaurant is going to be a salmon. Here I goes... How does it taste? The overall quality - pathetic. Serious, it is worse than poor.

The fish itself is still ok, still consider fresh and cut into proper size. However, there is a major flaw with the sushi. The fish on top drop off easily from the sushi rice. Furthermore, the sushi rice is non-sticky and fall apart easily when dip into the soya sauce. Can you imagine this? Can this still called sushi? You take one sushi and dip into the soya sauce. When the fish touch the soya sauce, everything fallen apart. Finally, I have to search the rice inside the soya sauce.

Subsequently with the rest of sushi, they had the same problem. The quality is simply not there. Even the Japanese would throw their chop stick away. It is made simply. Just because it is cheap, you have to accept this kind of standard? More and more good food would disappear.

Verdict: Not worth a single penny. I would prefer to pay more in I****** sushi or S**** sushi to have a proper and enjoying experience.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008